Friday, March 6, 2009

My Little Buddy

Yesterday a Mexican family came to the beach in front of Freedom Shores for a picnic. I was laying in my hammock watching the only cloud pass by when a tiny voice beside me said “Hi”. I turned to find this charming little girl on the other side of the fence smiling at me. I asked her if she spoke English and she replied that she did. She is a very captivating little girl! I asked her name and she told me something like Mahala. I told her to wait while I dug out a small Canadian flag and pin for her. She then spent the next couple of hours marching up and down the beach proudly holding her flag just like an Olympic Flag Bearer.

She kept coming back to the fence to smile and watch us and then suddenly, they were gone. I never got a chance to say goodbye.

little girl1

little girl 2

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...I've fallen in love all over again! Her amazing smile and happiness is there for all to see.

    You've captured the beauty, and innocence of youth in a moment. I think you made her day, my friend.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete