Saturday, October 3, 2009

Odds and Ends

It has been quiet here this week, not much happening. Yesterday I cut some oak and finished the trim around the new dishwasher and wall oven. It was finicky work that I do not mind but I sure would like a table saw! My workshop is not large enough for much more but maybe I could find a small one and then design something that would turn it into a working surface for my mitre saw on top of it. That would save some floor space.

I sent the new netbook down to my granddaughter on Thursday and it was delivered on Friday. She phoned in frustration that she could not get it to connect to the Internet. It turned out that they had lost the WEP key for the wireless router. Very frustrating for the poor kid. She acts so grown up you sometimes forget that she is still a little girl. She sent an email today and said they figured it out but didn't give any details. Anyway, she likes the computer so that makes me happy.

Well, the Vancouver Canucks have just lost the second game of the season. Their record is now 0 and 2, not a great start. The BC Lions won their game last night. They are doing well in the standings but did not play a great game last night. They just sucked a little less than Saskatchewan. Oh well, a win is a win.

Anyway, that is what is going on in the Randle house. I will have to drag myself out of my chair and find something to do. I bought some scissor jacks for the motorhome that have to go on. My son said he would bring his welder up and help me with them but time is running out. I may just try to bolt the rear ones on and he can touch them up with the welder. Or maybe I will just sit here for a while longer...

I found something to do! I made Pescado Veracruzana for dinner. I love that stuff! Red Snapper baked in a concoction of tomatoes, onions, garlic, capers, olives, herbs and lots of olive oil! There should be enough for leftovers tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you're a pretty nice grandpa buying a computer for the granddaughter. She'll be the envy of all her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is paying most of it with the money she has saved up from Christmas and birthday gifts Don. She has saved every nickel and decided this is what she wants. Her older sister on the other hand.....

    ReplyDelete