Wednesday, April 14, 2010

100 Miles Behind A Tow Truck

About half way between Roswell and Albuquerque the motorhome started acting up. First it stalled and would not start. Then it started but had no instruments, radio or power windows. I drove for a mile or so and everything came back except the ABS light was on. I touched the brakes to test them and it stalled. I started it up and no instruments again. Now the ABS and battery lights were on. A minute or two later it would not go over 2000 RPM. A minute after that it started jerking and stalled again so I called AAA for a tow. It took him almost two hours to get to us. We unloaded the car and he towed the motorhome and dolly while we followed in the Honda.

We are now parked at the Ford Truck Dealer in Albuquerque waiting for them to open at seven AM. A least they have WIFI! Wish me luck, this might cost a bit! The only good news is the Loonie is now worth more than the Greenback and the Markets went nuts today. I think I am actually making it faster than I am spending it right now.

Map picture

1 comment:

  1. Yikes!

    The only definite good news is that parts for the Ford E-450 are common and plentiful, so at least you're safe from worrying that it'll take weeks that you don't have for parts to come.

    I think this is your third disaster in as many years, right? If that's the case, you're done!

    ReplyDelete