Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our Lucaya Resort

“Our Lucaya” is a 4 1/2 star Radisson Hotel in Lucaya, not far from Freeport, Grand Bahamas. It is a complex of several buildings and includes five or six restaurants on the property. There are also four or five pools and a beautiful beach. Now this is living!

I had a conch burger for lunch and it was very good. We followed it up with a few hours in the sun and a swim in the ocean. The ocean is very salty and actually warmer than the pools.

I am taking photos but did not bring any method of moving them to the computer. I will post photos when we get back. Stay tuned….

2 comments:

  1. I have never had conch before; it's one of those things I associate with the Florida Keys and the surrounding islands. Definitely on my bucket list to try. Hope you took a picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Rae, I will! I tastes something like eastern oysters but nit quite. It is quite tough when it is taken out of the shell but is somehow tenderized before it is cooked.It is very good and was $16 for a huge burger on a kaiser bun with fries. prices here seem to compare with upscale pub fare in Canada.

    ReplyDelete