Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saturday Night

We had a bunch of friends over last night and since the weather cooperated, we had the get together outside. We try to do this every year so we can catch up on what is happening with everyone. It was a slightly smaller gathering than in the past, I think partly because some people wanted to stay home and watch the hockey game. The game was on here anyway but I taped it as well. It was a very exciting game which the Canucks won eleven seconds into overtime. Alex Burrows had a great wrap around goal after beating the biggest defenceman in the league with the Boston goalie getting caught way outside his net. Game Three is tomorrow night in Boston.

Many are saying the Canucks will win in four straight but I do not think it will be that easy. I still predict Vancouver in five or maybe six.

Today I am a little under the weather from having too much fun last night. My downfall was when I pulled out the bottle of tequila that our friend Les dropped off when he was here. It just tasted too good!

Here is Burrows just after his winning goal! A very funny thing just happened. Les just posted that the Bruins had won!!?? I think Les needs a new TV!

3 comments:

  1. "One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor."
    George Carlin

    Croft
    An admonition from one of the best! (but, I would have loved to be there and partake).
    Bill in Nebr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the best comment is no comment.....GO BRUINS>>>Les

    ReplyDelete