Monday, July 25, 2011

New Benches!

Brooks and LindaLee came up for the weekend so we tackled a project that Norma has been hinting at for some time, outdoor seating around the fireplace. The two benches we built are extremely heavy and solid, being built from 2X6 spruce that we bought up here and various pieces of 4X4, 6X6 and 8X8 salvaged from Brooks' "burn pile" at home. It will seat eight people. We do most of our entertaining outside so they will get a lot of use.

Our granddaughter Sierrah and her friend Courtenay, the granddaughter of our neighbour, Pauline started staining them today while Norma and I built two coffee tables out of leftovers.

Brooks also got me a great deal on a sliding compound mitre saw to replace the one that finally packed it in after cutting about 2000 square feet of flooring and completing many other projects. This one is bigger, heavier and has more bells and whistles than the old one and just may last as long as I do!

Thanks Brooks and LindaLee! And thanks Sierrah and Courtenay for the staining! Now we are all picking slivers out of our hands...
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I suppose my RV rent will sky rocket now!!!!!!Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a lovely seating area!

    That saw had a good, long life and helped me with many projects in Miranda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rae, yes it will be a great sitting area. Norma is going to find a bunch of pillows and cushions to make them comfortable.

    Yes Les, I am afraid your rent is going to have to double when you are here! You have paid $0 for too long now. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, to sit in front of a fire in such a comfortable place. I hope one day we can get back in the Lazy Daze and return to BC, in the summer of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking bench. I now know where you will be spending more of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a job well done from here - but we do not want you too comforatable there - you might not head down this way ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking benches! I may have to show them to my wife. We need something.

    ReplyDelete