Saturday, August 20, 2011

Big Class Action Settlement!

I was just notified that I was entitled to a share of the multi-million dollar class action settlement from Classmates.com. I joined several years ago when we had our forty year high school reunion. Classmates is like a virus. It is impossible to stop your membership and they were always trying to get me to upgrade from my free membership to the $10 per year one which is even harder to get out of. They kept sending me notices that someone in my class was trying to get hold of me and if I sent them some money, they would tell me who it was.

My share of the huge settlement is estimated to be $10 but of course I have to pay my share of the legal fees which will take $8 or $9 off that amount. All I have to do is fill out a complicated form and mail it to new York.We can rest easy that there will be another rich lawyer because of this effort.

3 comments:

  1. I just read the fine print and evidently I have to be an American to get this huge award! Too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I also joined a few years back and I'm still getting email saying classmates are trying to contact me with their name shadowed out...and if I upgrade like you they will tell me who it is...who care right? lol it drives me crazy so now their notices just go to my junk mail...
    take care
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete