Sunday, September 25, 2011

Joined Google+

I joined Google+ today. I had been tossing the idea around and today I got an invitation to join from My buddy Michael in Mexico. I hope G+ is better than Facebook. I like the idea of being able to have "circles" of "friends" so I can separate old school friends from Mexico friends from Union friends etc. I never wanted/planned to use FB either but found that many of my friends and family used only FB to communicate. I guess I will have to use both.....

One thing I like about FB is that they seem to have limitless space available for photos whereas Google has lots of space but all your Google applications (Gmail, Blogger, Picasa) share it and I fear I am getting close to filling up my allotted space just with my Blog photos. If this happens, I will have to either eliminate old photos or buy more space, neither of which I look forward to.

4 comments:

  1. I am a basic computer & blog person. That is enough to handle although I am becoming frustrated with Facebook as so much info is on it but unless you belong you can't get the info, ie On the Road to Mexico & Travel Buddies. Although I don't need a travel buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! Still trying to get used to G+, always hard to make a change. Months from now we will all be saying...."what was the big deal"???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to eliminate 2 years of my Blog primarily due to photos. I pay for a server (space) and manage it all myself. I doubt too many wanted to go back beyond 4 years anyway - but 300,000 words and tons of photos went away ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you can pay Google $5 a year and have oodles and oodles of picture and mail storage.

    ReplyDelete