Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Flurry Of Activity

Brooks and Linda Lee's wedding is on this weekend. They have taken over all the rooms at a beach side resort near here for the whole weekend so the festivities start on Friday night with a Stag party on one end of the property and a Stagette (?) at the other end. Linda Lee and her friend are coming up to stay with us later today and Brooks will be here on Wednesday night after he finishes a fencing job they were working on. It will be busy around here. There are many out of town guests and they will be feeding and entertaining just under 100 people on Saturday night. They have two or three volunteer bartenders to keep everyone's glass full.

My back has settled down to a dull roar with a constant pain on the left side and a partially numb left leg. I have a chiropractor appointment at 11:30 so hopefully he will be able to tweak it for me. If not, I can live through it. It has been worse.

As I was leaving for the chiropractor one of the friendlier condo owners next door came over to ask the color of the fence stain. I asked him why and he said he was going to buy some stain and stain both sides of the picket portion of the fence between us. I told him I had almost two gallons left over that he was welcome to so Larry and his wife spent the day staining. It does not look bad now that it is all the same color.


3 comments:

  1. Fun week ahead. I hope you get your back tweaked and in shape for the big wedding day. Congratulations!

    September 21 is the day our son gets married. So, a busy time ahead for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to Brooks and Linda Lee! And here's hoping your back improves. You and Norma have a great time.
    Bill in Nebr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a bash to remember. I have a feeling your back will be fine after your appointment. Positive energy!

    The fence looks great!

    ReplyDelete