Monday, September 17, 2012

New Westminster Quayside

Our friend Sharon has a condo on the Quay in New Westminster, BC. It is on the 15th floor and has a wonderful view of the Fraser River where there is always something going on. Freighters drop off new cars and tugboats pull huge log booms along. I could sit on her balcony for hours, watching the activity.

On Sunday the four of us walked down the waterfront walk to a great little pub for dinner. It is almost (but not quite) enough to make me want to move to the mainland.

Here is the view from her balcony:

blog1

And the walkway to the pub about ten minutes away:

blog2blog3

2 comments:

  1. Vancouver is one of the most wonderful cities in the world! It is a place I could easily see myself living if my life were to take that turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been to Vancouver many times. I think the weather on the island is just that much better though, as there are just a few too many "dark days" over on the lower mainland. I'd be depressed outta my socks.
    Fun to visit though, again depending on the weather.
    The pick up service you mentioned is pretty awesome. I had never heard of that. My sister-in-law and hubby live in the West End, but they seem to walk just about everywhere, so there's never been any mention of this service.
    Clever idea.

    ReplyDelete