Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dreary Weather

It is raining again today! The weather was quite nice when we returned from our travels but that only lasted a few days. Recently it has been quite wet. Not all day but enough to discourage you from starting an outside project, knowing that if it is not raining now, it soon will be.

Our old friend Dave MacKinnon and his new bride, Susan, were going to come over to the Island for a visit but that never materialized. The good thing was, Norma went out and bought a couple of nice Dungeness Crab for the occasion, one of which we made thick sandwiched out of last night. Can't beat that.

I am packing for my 50th High School Reunion. It will be an event packed three days in Vancouver at the end of the month. It will be interesting to catch up with some old friends from back then. Some I have seen throughout the years but most, not. The weather does not look good for the weekend so the outdoor activities will probably be cancelled. Oh well, we were good at making our own fun back in '63 so I am sure we will come up with something!

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. If you are a former Kitsie, take it easy on the old school, eh? Say Hi to Neil Trainer, if he should show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kitsilano Class of '63. I hope Neil shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good time and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the rain stops soon before we all get too wrinkled. I graduated in 1961 but have never, ever been to any of my high school reunions. For some reason, I've never had the urge to go one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went to my 50th last year (Class of '62). Only 44 in my graduating class and most of them showed up for the reunion. Had not kept up with anyone and had nothing in common anymore.

    ReplyDelete