Monday, March 17, 2014

Flagler Beach, FL

Yesterday afternoon we took a drive to nearby Flagler Beach. It is a typical Florida beach community built along a nice strip of sandy beach with many small motels, "surf shops" and restaurants. It is very laid back and not overly commercialized. We drove up and down the row of restaurants, parked and picked one out. The Funky Pelican is actually the only restaurant on the beach side of the road and has a nice deck overlooking the water. We picked an outside table where the sea breeze toned down the 80+ heat.

Norma ordered the paella while I decided to try their Florida version of cioppino (a seafood stew with saffron). Both were very good but I have to say mine took the first prize as Norma's paella went a little heavy with the rice and short on other ingredients. After dinner we took a walk down the beach a ways and then came back home for a coffee and apple crumble pie with ice cream. A great ending to the day.





5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a nice dinner and beach walk. The pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of your time in Florida - maybe next year for me. I'm actually back in California - Blythe, to be exact. I want to get this total knee out of the way and get back out there adventuring. I will say, however, that being forced to take it easy won't be all bad. Oh, the books I can read, the web-surfing I can do and the grandkids I can interact with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having some decent weather there on the beach, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rewarded with good weather and to take advantage of those beach walks is great. The food looked appetizing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the kind of fun we are having down here right now - purrrrfect weather with gentle ocean breezes.

    ReplyDelete