Saturday, April 12, 2014

Friday

We had made arrangements to go out to dinner with our friends Brian and Sue before we leave Fountain Hills. Brian loves to research this type of thing so we let them choose where to go. Brian soon emailed us three choices and we picked the Sapori D'Italia, a local Italian eatery that once stared in some Restaurant Makeover TV show. We met in the bar at 6:30 for a Happy Hour drink and then moved to the patio for dinner. I must say that whatever the Restaurant Makeover did for them, they did it well. My Mussels Marsala were huge and delicious, served over a plate of pasta. Norma had veal and ate "most" of it. Sue had mussels only in a white sauce and Brian had clams.  The conversation was great and the food delicious. We will be back to this place and Brian told the owner on the way out, "I think we have found our favorite restaurant in Fountain Hills".

Once again we were stuffed and headed home for coffee and an early night. The space below would normally have a photo of the four of us but I forgot my camera and the photo I had the waitress take with my phone did not turn out. So... no photo.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, sounds like the meals we would enjoy. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we get to meet up with Brian and Sue. Cool you guys had a good dinner. Safe travels and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete