Monday, October 6, 2014

Pending Deal

I don't want to say too much in case I spook this but my son and I are working on a deal. One of LindaLee's customers wants to get rid of an older "3" Series BMW. It has been meticulously dealer maintained and is in perfect shape inside and out. She is asking very little for it. It has one problem, slow starting. Brooks' mechanic thinks one of the two fuel pumps has gone bad allowing the fuel to drain back into the tank when it is not running, causing it to crank for a few seconds every time it starts. He will be checking this out further.

This deal came to light when they were looking for a car for my granddaughter, Jayde. She does not like it however and is currently taking advantage of an even better deal, unlimited use of her other grandmother's brand new SUV for which "Nanna" buys gas and insurance. We should all have this deal.

Anyway the BMW seems too good to let go. I have only seen this car once and know nothing about it, not even the specific model number. But... you never know. I always wanted a BMW!

15 comments:

  1. Beemer has been making that 3 series for nearly 40 years. If the mileage is reasonable and you get it at a fair price can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am thinking Bill. I had better get moving on it. It belongs to an older single woman who has just put $500 in new tires on it. She is only asking $1,000. Seems hard to go wrong.

      Delete
    2. My car friends and I first consider what a used car is worth if we had to part it out. Kind of an academic game we play. At that price you'd be way ahead even if you sold off parts. Sounds like an amazing deal. Any idea on year and miles?

      Delete
    3. I don't know the year and miles. She is on a trip to California in it and won't be back for a couple of days. My son thinks it is a mid to late 90's. My DIL rode in it and says it is "fabulous". My son thinks the starting issue has her scared enough to want to be rid of it and buy a truck. My question is, if she has had regular dealer service, why hasn't she had it fixed?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a steal to me. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a three series during our stay in Vienna. Awesome little car. Don't fret over the starting issue. It does sound like a fuel starvation issue.
    Can't wait to see a picture, or six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it works out. If so there will be photos! That Beemer would look good behind the motorhome!

      Delete
    2. Don't think I have ever seen anyone towing a BMW!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the deal. Norma would look good in a Beemer! You just might look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Beemers and did own a 325 IS that our son took over. It was the best car we have ever owned and driven. Good luck with the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm shocked! A no-good, leftist, pinko radical like you driving around in a Beemer??

    Still....it does sound like a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had several BMW's over the years - new and used - they are great cars - say what you will about German blah blah blah - those 3 series engineers were brilliant - get one - you will not be disappointed. Have also owned a number or Porches (same advice - except check with your insurance agent FIRST).

    ReplyDelete
  8. We bought a 1987 BMW 325i on eBay. My husband drives it and loves it. I have a 2001 325i, also bought on eBay, that I drive. Both are convertibles; I think that is what the "i" in the model number means? He says the 87 is better and stronger built than the 2001.

    ReplyDelete